The My Market Toolkit form builder allows you to quickly build and deploy a form. You can create a 5-field lead form that connects to the CRM in under 2 minutes. Applying it to your site can take under 1 minute. That's come quick dev!
By default, when a form is created it has all of the underlying code, html, etc.It's also responsive in design.
To add a form to your site:
- Sign in
- Create the page the form will go on (if you haven't already)
- Create the return page for after the form is submitted (if you haven't already)
- Hover over 'Design' and click 'Modules'
- Click the 'New' icon
- Select 'Form' for 'Module Type'
- Give the module a title (consider "Form - contact page" or something descriptive)
- Click or drag/drop elements to the workspace area
- Give the elements names and drag/drop them to change their order
- Consider the following fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Source (hidden field identifying which form the lead is from)
- Submit Button
- On the 'Form Settings' tab do the following:
- Place the page url into the 'Return Page' field (i.e. /thank-you) you created in step 4 above
- Put email addresses for those who should receive the lead in the 'Form Email Recipients' field
- Add a Subject Line (so you know where the email is coming from ) in the 'Email Subject' field
- Go to the page (you created in step 3 above) where the form will go and drag the form module onto the page (found on the 'Modules' tab under the 'Modules: Web' section) - if the page was created before the module, you'll need to refresh the page so the module shows in the list
- Save the page
- Preview the page to see the form in context
Building a custom form (Intermediate):
While the auto form builder is responsive, elegant and very user-friendly you can build custom form layouts.We use 'Insert Codes' in place of fields in the html. Design your form (titles, labels, structure, etc.) and replace the fields with insert codes.
- Follow the instructions above to create all of the form fields and elements
- For all of the fields/elements give a 'Element Name' that will be used in the insert code
- Save the form
- On the 'Form Settings' tab there is a field where you can put custom html with the text and fields
- To add a field to the html, place the 'Insert Code' where the field will go using the 'Element Name' to define the field